Lydenburg is 50km from everywhere!
LYDENBURG IS 50 KM FROM EVERYWHERE!
You can stay in Lydenburg and travel:
• 54 km to Dullstroom (Highveld) and visit all the arts and crafts shops, coffee shops and restaurants
• 50 km to Ohrigstad (Lowveld) and visit the echo caves and game lodges
• 56 km to Pilgrims Rest and visit an old gold mining town with all its shops
• 56 km to Sabie with all its waterfalls, historical and scenic sites
• 45 km to the Kwena Basin with the Kwena dam, wedding venues and lodges
Or just stay in Lydenburg and visit:
• The Lydenburg Museum with its replicas of the Lydenburg Heads
• The historical buildings of the second eldest town of the Old Transvaal
• The Gustav Klingbiel nature reserve
• The Mpumalanga Tourism and Parks Agency
• The local township with its cultural activities and historical stone houses, and
• The Lydenburg Falls
• Do some flyfishing at the Mpumalanga Tourism and Parks Agency
• Game viewing in the Gustav Klingbiel Nature reserve
• Mountain biking in the Gustav Klingbiel Nature Reserve
• Adventure activities with GearOn, or just
• Pamper yourself at a local spa
• Go hiking or
• Read a book and watch the birds.
(The idea of a wagon wheel was first mentioned by the Chairperson of the Lydenburg Rural Forum, Gerrie van der Merwe)